January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day

26th January is Australia Day and that would be TODAY!
So Happy Australia Day!

I am proud to be an Aussie
Five generations of my family have been born in Australia
I have been eating Vegemite & Lamingtons as long as I can remember!

Speaking of Lamingtons, that's exactly what I plan to bake today!
So here is my favorite recipe care of Donna Hay
LAMINGTONS
  • 1 store-bought sponge cake or 1 quantity basic sponge cake,
  • 3 cups (480g) icing (confectioner's) sugar
  • ¾ cup (75g) cocoa powder
  • ⅓ cup (80ml) boiling water
  • 75g butter, melted
  • dessicated coconut, to coat
Make one quantity of basic sponge cake in an 18cm square cake tin and cool on a wire rack. Cut into 6cm squares. Sift together the icing sugar and cocoa. Mix the boiling water and melted butter. Using 2 forks to hold the sponge squares, dip in the chocolate icing and roll in desiccated coconut. Allow to set on wire rack.
Males 9.

So what are you eating/cooking for Australia Day?

Have an awesome day everyone xox



1 comment:

  1. I used to eat these all the time while growing up in Croatia. Had no idea what they would be called here. I am making these for sure. I just need some coconut.

    ReplyDelete