June 25, 2011

Home Made Lemon Cordial


This story begins with my sister inlaw giving me oh say.... 5789 lemons from her ever so over productive lemon tree! So I thought I would have a go at making Lemon cordial and I have to say I'm a little impressed!

You Will Need...

2kg's Castor sugar
1 litre of water
30g Citric Acid
30g Tartaric Acid
Juice of 6 large lemons (Strained) I actually used 7
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons

This Is How You Do It...

In A pot over high heat dissolve the sugar, just keep stirring stirring, just keep stirring!
Then add the citric and tartaric acids.
again stir like a crazy lady to make sure all is dissolved!
Cool (Though I couldn't wait and waited about hmm 5 minutes lol)
Then stir in lemon juice and zest.
Bottle into clean dry bottles and add cute little material circles and cotton bows to make it look all cutesy like!

Don't forget to tell you friends and family to DILUTE it... or not!
You can always have a camera ready and wait for the reaction!!

You can dilute this concoction with water, lemonade or mineral water!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment